Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short Code Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake456

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2007
US
I need to create a short code will allow me to dial another location extension from one 406 v2 4.010 unit to another 406 v2 4.010 unit using a voip trunk. the extension at location a are 71500 to 71599 , and extensions at location b are 73000 to 73099. When dailing from location A I want to just enter the extension 73000 and it triger the short code and pass the dailed digits 73000 to the location b system. Thank You

easy

make a shortcode like this

72xxx
dial
72xxx
line id of the line to the other site

other site

73xxx
dial
73xxx
line id of the line on the main site

when using an ipline check voice networking and you do nit need the shortcodes (it will learn the extension by it self,not the group !!! )

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Site a:
Sc = 730xx
TNbr = 730N
LineID = VoipLineID to site b
Action = dial

Site b:
Sc = 715xx
TNbr = 715N
LineID = VoipLineID to site a
Action = dial

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Ok I have setup the short code to 715xx dail 715N and I get a long wait and message number busy Disc with a loud tone. I think it may be the trunk settings. Do I need to have a IP trunk setup on the IP office 406 with the same IP address as the unit itself, for example if I dial for unit a ip address 172.17.183.210 to unit b 172.17.242.210 should unit 172.17.183.210 have a ip trunk setup up with the 172.17.183.210 address ?

Thank You

You need IP trunks on both ends.
Unit A needs a ip trunk setup towards the ip address of site B and unit B needs a IP Trunk setup towards the IP Address of site A

Both units need a default gateway to be programmed in the IP Routing table:

IP Address = 0.0.0.0
Mask = 0.0.0.0
gateway = deafult gateway IP Address
Destination = the LAN port connected to the network with the gateway

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

You only require shortcodes for 'Groups' as the 'Users' information is automatically updated (avrip) between IP Office units using SCN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back