Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel Tie to Opt11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeii

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
US
We have a Opt11 rls 4.0. that is tied to a Shoretel. We have 3 T1's setup as nfas. The 4th is a tie to shoretel. Everything is working OK except when a person from a shoretel ext dials an outbound call the caller id is the btn of the T1's. I built a clid of 40 and put in the inf that I wanted to go out. I changed the clen of the tie route to 40 and that didn't work. What am I missing?

1st monitor your dch to the network, enl msgo x on that d, make sure your not sending.. your provider may not accept that clid on that ckt..

if you are not sending, monitor the d between the switches.. see if your getting the clid.. two things that i've had problems with.. one is int/ext trunks.. int do not show clid, just name and dn.. another is tie.. tie trunks marked external can act as internal.. if they are working as tie, changing them to did will work as well..

back when the two trunk types were rolled out, the only determining factor, tie or did, was who owned the switch on the far in.. tie was site to site, did was site to provider.

you do get a few extra prompts on a tie, mostly dealing with nms..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The ext's on the Opt11 are sending out the correct number. The clid they are using are 1. The number on 1 is XXX-953-6200. Which is what I want. The btn on the T1's are xxx-652-6000. We have 6000-6999 coming to the pbx. I will monitor the dch on the tie and let you know what I find out. I did notice that when a Shoretel ext call a Nortel ext all that shows is the Shoretel ext number, no name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back