Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel SG-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath9465

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hello All: I'm an engineer, most typically Avaya or Nortel, however I have a lot of Shoretel administration experience. My problem is this, we have a site with this Shoretel IP voice switch SG-60/12. I used to RAS to a modem number, then IP into the Shoretel using Internet Explorer (or the like). My question is that RAS modem built into the Shoretel, or was this an after market modem used for RAS. Hopefully that question would be for someone who knows Shoretel well enough whether it has a built in modem. Thanks In Advance

Hi,

As far as I'm aware there's no direct capability for RAS. generally speaking if you want to get to the cli of the switches it has to be via the director server or a server with the ipbxctl exe on it, you can then use putty ro the like to get to the switch. You can remote boot the switches via D&M (depending on the release of director)

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back