Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel Mobility License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3LzX

Programmer
Mar 7, 2007
US
I still support a few Shoretel Customers that are on older releases and was wondering if Shoretel has any type of simul ring or mobility option similar to that of Avaya Communication Manager or IP Office?

One of my Shoretel Customers found out I had the mobility software when I called him from my Cellular and it showed my DID. I had to explain to him that I am on a different system and that my desk phone rings and cell phone rings simultaneously.

so please tell me there is something similar because he wants to stop paying on his lease

You can program the ShoreTel for twinning much like the Avaya systems or you can use the Office Anywhere feature. If you like can use the find me feature that allows the caller to press 1 to locate the person.

This actually will work, i will try to find a way to get version 6 and upgrade the switch

thanks

I agree with the notion that not only can it be done, it can be done fairly easily, so long as they are on a fairly current release. Version 7 or 7.5 started the mobile call manager function, which is also tied into office anywhere (External assignement) which was around longer (back at least to 6.1).

Plus twining and find me/follow me and plain old forwarding. Twinning (simultaneously ringing IP phone and cell phone) does burn an extra extension license but does NOT require any additional mobility license or servers or hardware of any kind. It will however use up a trunk when it calls your cell phone, but there is no way around that regardless of your PBX.

I assure you it can be done, we have done all of the above for numerous companies all of whom have been very happy with the results. Many of those, not all but most, are ex Avaya customers. Some of whom have had their mobility solution and prefer the ShoreTel version we provide. Though some prefer Avaya, it works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back