Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel ARS installer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jataylor3000

Technical User
May 26, 2011
US
We have installed a new Shoretel VOIP phone system running release 11.2. The dealer installer has told us that there is no way to handle local calls using ARS other than to manually update a local NPA table as a filter. I can't believe there isn't something in the Shoretel programing that handles Local and LD ARS simply i.e.:

<if 9 followed by any other digit other than a 1, collect 7 additional digits and send to available trunk/channel> or <if 9 followed by a 1, collect 10 additional digits and send to available trunk/channel>

I'm not a Shoretel expert but am familiar with Inter-Tel and Mitel systems. Can anybody advise? Thanks

I had a similiar situation where I had to send 911 calls out the local analog trunks and all other calls go out centralized PRI trunks. I had to get Shoretel support to give me the custom dial strings to do that.

Their dialing plan stuff is ultra top secret for some reason. You have to either get a Shoretel SE to dig through the book and tell you what to do or get TAC/professional services to set it up for you.

I also had some issues with metro lines where I have the same area code for local and LD numbers. That is where I had to use the local prefix list and enter the area code as an additional area code in each site and in the trunk group. I know this is a little off from what you are trying to do, but I wanted to share my experiences.

This is the only flaw I have found with the Shoretel system. I am used to the big PBX systems where you could control every part of the call flow.

If you follow the below steps, you can route 911 calls out to specific trunk group...

1.Log into ShoreTel Director using support entry mode
2.Click on trunks
3.Click on the trunk group you want to force the emergency call out on
4.Click on Edit under Trunk Group Dialing Rules
5.Enter the following without the quotes ";25M"
6.Restart TMS or wait 5 minutes for the trunk groups to update

Sorry I just realized I gave instructions for atasconman and not original poster,your options are to prioritize a trunk group or to modify the least cost routing.

Thanks GSmitherman. Yep, that is what I put in there for that. I also had to do ;2E to get it to send the correct caller ID string so AT&T would recognize the caller ID info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back