Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel and Teleworker Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfhuntley

Technical User
Apr 17, 2008
US
I am end user looking a new system. We have 20 users onsite users and 7 teleworkers, with three of the teleworkers concurrently working at any given time.

We just installed, and then uninstalled an Asterisk system. We never could get adequate Voice quallity for our remote employees.

We are now looking at the shoretel solution, but from what I can see there is no reason to believe that I should expect better voice quality for my Teleworkers on Shoretel than I got on the Asterisk system.

On the otherhand, the Mitel teleworker solution has an 800ms "buffer" that seems interesting.

Please share your thoughts.

You can make the shoretel call a land line phone when you get a call. That is shoretel's solution for teleworkers.

What you do is vpn into your LAN and then open call manager and tell the shoretel system that you are at this phone number. When a call comes to your extension shoretel will call that land line and you will see it on your call manager. Since you see the call on call manager you will be able to transfer the call and all your other cool features like you were sitting at a shoretel phone. But you will get good voice quality since it won't be over VoIP to a slow dsl modem.

Are you talking about setting your call handling, cause I found that I have an issue with people in work groups or distrobution lists, it will not forward the line. Is there a different setting somewhere that I am not aware of?

This type feature are the best for teleworkers in the systems I have supported. I like it in the shoretel, and in the Avaya IP Office which calls it twinning to make a mobile, or landline off system phone ring with the system phone simultaeniously, and act as if on a system phone including DISA. Better than VOIP as a widespread implementation option for insured quality, period!

No not call handler. If you open Call Manager and look at the bottom of the box there is a spot where you can enter an external assignment. Put a phone number in there and when a call comes in it will ring both the IP phone and external number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back