Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shockwave 8 Download Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlady

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2001
US
Is anyone else having trouble downloading Shockwave 8? I am Computer Technology Coordinator for a Library System and all the programs have to have Shockwave 8 to run properly...but I can't get it to download. Any suggestions??? TechLady

Don't know! I've got the same problem. Can anyone help?
W2k PC and logged in as admin.

I've got the same problem as well on a win2000 machine also logged on as admin! It seems to just hang on the download screen!!

Please can anyone help!

Thanks

Hey, if ya'll are still having trouble downloading Shockwave 8. It is available for download on the Windows Update Site. I haven't had any trouble downloading from here. Good luck. TechLady

May I ask what information you found for shockwave at this site please? I am having HUGE problems trying to get Shockwave onto my machinery?

Kind regards

grimerz

Sorry everyone,
I checked back on that http site and find that it only updates Macromedia Flash. I know I didn't have trouble updating Flash, just Shockwave 8.

Let me share this with you. I had to look and look for this trouble-shooting information. Before you update Shockwave: 1) you need the latest web browser and 2) If you have tried to download shockwave and had trouble, you will need to remove what was downloaded before you try to download again. There is a file on macromedia.com but the one on microsoft knowledge base is best, I think: en-us; q281833 (I can't get the whole address to highlight so be sure to type it in.) Look for download file 'shkwvfix.exe'. Follow the instructions as appropriate to your computer (if you don't have Encarta). This worked for me. If it doesn't work fo you, try the file on macromedia.com under 'support'.

TechLady

Thank you very much Ma'am.

Kind regards

Grimerz

i can't download director 8!!! it's so hard to get a copy of it!!!! help me!!! the download centers are not working!!!!

hi, i need help my computer it won't let me play games with out running out of memory and i delete stuff to HELP ME PLZ! thanks, advicegiver11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back