Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shell script for verifying endpoints/gateways IP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith5583

Technical User
Oct 29, 2007
US
Is there a shell script that could be written to verify a text file with the output of wep ls?

For instance, if I have a text file with all endpoints listed with their IP addresses and listed underneath their respective gateways, starting with wep ls - where would I go from there?

Please excuse me if this is an easy question since I am both new to Tivoli and new to this forum...

hey martincarnegie.

yeah, along those lines. i have a .txt file that hasn't been updated in over a year and i'm working in an enterprise environment, so may endpoints.

this .txt file has a list of gateways and the endpoints associated with and what i was hoping to do is verify if the information is correct without going endpoint by endpoint.

maybe doing a wep ls and pulling out the address and label and then performing an nslookup somehow and then match that up (possibly doing a diff) with what's in that .txt file.

am i way off base?

What you could do is use the command "wep ls -i label,address,last_login_time" to provide the endpoint labels, the last recorded ip address and the last time the endpoint logged in. This is a query to the endpoint manager and should be fairly accurate (but not 100%).

Martin Carnegie
GulfBreeze Software - GulfBreeze Blog -

No problem.

BTW, if you are looking for more Tivoli help, probably the better place is to subscribe to the TME 10 mailing list at
or use the Developer works forum at
As you can see, the activity on this forum is lacking. I just have a notification sent to me when something new is posted, but otherwise I never visit :)

Martin Carnegie
GulfBreeze Software - GulfBreeze Blog -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back