Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SHELL - PASSWORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

compcad

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
i am trying to open an APPLICATION from another program and i have a TEXTBOX that requires a password such as (THESECRETPASSWORD)in the application i am trying to open. i am using SHELL to open the APPLICATION such as
SHELL"C:\RAFFLEMAKER\RMDESKTOP\TBLITE.EXE",SENDKEYS"THESECRETPASSWORD"
i don't know if this is the correct way or not but if it is i also need to pass data to the APPLICATION from the main program from a feild called RAFFLEID where the main program gets the data from a database called WHDATA.MDB.

STEPHEN MENTZER
COMPCAD@AOL.COM

Are you sure that the 'tblite' application will accept command-line arguments to be passed to it?

When I designed TBLITE the first window is a window that has one textbox (txtText1) and one command button that has the code for the textbox

If txtText1<>&quot;thesecretpassword&quot; then
msgbox=(wrong password please try agian)
ElseIf txtText1=&quot;thesecretpassword&quot; Then
.......more code......
End If

When the password has been full filed it will then bring up a new window that has a single textbox and command button to call the RAFFLEID which is to be called from the main program and this is where I need some help.

The code from TBLITE can be rewritten if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back