Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shell Command and Windows NT...conflict? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafe82ABN

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
I am using the Shell Command to call Adobe Acrobat Reader from an Access 97 form to display a pdf report:

Shell (C:\Acrobat\Reader\AcroRd32.exe " & strDocName, vbNormalFocus

This works fine on my Win 98 machine, but not on a Win NT machine. Are there any know conflicts or alternative code that anyone knows about to address this issue? Or is the Win NT not an issue and I actually have a different problem?

Thank you,
Rafe

I'm using Access97 on WinNT and this works just fine for me:

Call Shell("c:\program files\acrobat3\reader\acrord32.exe ""c:\manual.pdf""", 1)

Manny64

Thanks Manny!

We only have one person on Win NT at my office, everyone else is on Win 98...soon to be Win 2000. Maybe the problem is not with his OS...I will keep investigating!

Rafe

I should have clarified that the error I am getting is that the file does not exist. The shell command does call Acrobat. I inserted a message box to verify it was calling the right path, and it is calling the correct path to the test file.

Thanks again!
Rafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back