Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing violations- error 3406 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuneda

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
We recently installed ArcServe2000. When I attempt to do a backup, I am receiving multiple 3406 errors - "Unable to read file (file= \\Server01\...\*.gif, ec=sharing violation). The only information on CAI's website I can find indicates that this error is due to the files being open by another machine/user/application. However, on all of the servers in question we have installed the Backup Open Files Agent. It also appears that the only type of files that it has trouble with are .gif or .jpg files. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am wondering if I missed something in my configuration. Thanks in advance for any help, I am very new to this!

Asuneda

Hi,

we have only one server running and got the same E3406 error. Because we have only one W2K server running the machine is also DC and has no backup-account I can include in the ACL. Any idea, what else to do?
BTW: problems are in conjunction with graphics.

TIA

Frank

mfircam, which agent is this
I have backup for open files Agent and Exchange Agent instaled.

It's another agent?

As far as the imcdata\queue.dat, it is regenerated when you
recycle the IMC- however it should be backed up by Arcserve.

Hello,

try the Patch QO15176 from the CA-Site, hope it works

I had just seen this a few weeks ago, where a gif file was being reported as a 4 gigabyte file. Check to see is you have issues with reporting the accurate size of thos files.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back