Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Violation error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I just installed a CCMS and CCMA on a new server. When I tried to update the ODBC driver per the NTP, I received a sharing violation message when I ran the xcopy command. This is a coresident install, I have not encountered this when doing standalone servers.

I tried shutting down the CCMS services, but it made no difference.

copy the EBF1113 directory to your c drive so it should contain

c:\ebf1113\odbc and the ole folder then issue the following command and it should work.

xcopy c:\EBF11113\*.* c:\sybase /s /e /v /Y > C:\EBF11113.TXT

if this still does not work, go to the services and shut down the sybase service ( OUT OF HOURS OF COURSE ) and try again,

I will give it a whirl and post the results. Thanks.

I tried this fix, but encountered the same error. I ended up opening a ticket with Nortel and was told that this error is normal with a co-resident install. The CCMS server install updates the ODBC drivers.

No need to do this on CoResident server. CCMS will install latest EBF with it's install. Check CCMA I&M NTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back