Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Interview Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellis27

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Hi Guys,
Can you please share your interview experiences on MicroStrategy?.
I would like to know the frequent questions asked in Microstrategy interviews. It will be really helpful if someone comes up with some questions.

I recently had interview. I asked myself many important questions, as following were some of the important questions I was asking myself:

+ what is outer join?
+ how to enable web users
+ best way to view report SQL
+ how to build filter
+ how to install microstrategy in clustered environment with firewalls
+ what is transformation?
+ command manager script to alert users
+ how to build custom java security monitor
+ how DFM takes unformatted static and dynamic content in Narrowcast server with option application of XSL

Ashimmalik - wow...you must have had a crazy interview. did they quiz you on the different enumerated types for result flags as well? Custom java security monitor???

Chael

Don't forget your basic analytic questions:

You have a 3 gallon jug, a 5 gallon jug, and an endless supply of water. Produce exactly 4 gallons for me. Three different ways.

You have a a cube made up of many smaller cubes, 9 per edge. How many smaller cubes are on the six faces of the large cube.

And here is a case study for you:

You just inherited a restaurant that is cash-flow negative. Describe in detail how you would approach the task of making it cash-flow positive.

Thanks Guys,
For sharing the experience, I really appreciate for everyone's cooperation.
Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back