Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing email folders in MS Exchange server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOneInParticular

Programmer
Dec 1, 2005
CA
I need to share several email message folders amoungst other staff people, and I can't figure out how to share it.

I can share the genaric: calendar (the main one), inbox, tasks, contacts (main only), journel, and notes.

I specifically need to share an email message folder that is just placed under: Mailbox: Joe Blow, and isn't one of those main folders.
Right now, I can't even get any inbox folders.

I have the other staff people set up as delegates, but that doesn't help...

Does anybody have any idea how I can share these folders??? I'm at a loss for what to do!

Each folder in the mailbox has a set of permissions.

This is what you need to do.

1. Assign List contents for the specific user to the top of the shared mailbox.

2. Assign Read/Write/Delete to the sub folder in which you would like to share.

3. From the client where you would like to access this shared mailbox, add the shared mailbox as an additional mailbox to open.

Great! That sounds like it's on the right track, and I haven't tried it before...

One question: How do I "1. Assign List contents for the specific user to the top of the shared mailbox." ??? I looked in the mailbox permissions, and nothing was there...

My bad, its not called List contents its called folder visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back