Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Contacts and getting the same catagories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I hope somebody out there can help me out. My boss has a PA and he shares his contacts folder with her. The problem is he has put some of his contacts in categories and she doesnt see those. Is there a way of making the PA see exactly what he has in his contacts?

Alternatively, I thought about asking him to put his contacts as a public folder with only himself and her having permissions to look at them, but his own contacts would either have to 'mirror' to the public folder version, or I would have to make the public folder contacts his default, and I have no idea if those two options are even possible, I cant find anything on the web.

We are running office 2003 SP3.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
D.

I plug you in, dim the lights,
Electric Barbarella !

I assume that you mean categories that he has made up - not on the list of "standard" categories provided by Outlook?

The list of categories lives in the Registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Categories]

or similar, dependent upon version.

Hi mintjulep,

Thanks for getting back, I dont know whether they are new ones he has made up or not. But how would I use that part of the registy you sent?

Regards,
D.

Electric Barbarella !

You would need to export that key from boss's computer and import to assistant's.

Oh ok, I'll give it a go, thank you very much.

Regards,
D.

Electric Barbarella !

Duran,

Are you sure it's not as simple as the boss having made the contacts private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back