Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtooth71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2004
US
I recently set up Sharepoint on a non-DC server running windows 2003. I have never used this product and am trying to learn. So I set up a site for test purposes "site1". so then I open up Outlook 2003 and attache a file and go to attachment options, and select shared attachments. In the "create document workspace at: box I typed >
afterward I get the invitation message in the email letting us know that the document will be shared. BUT when I hit the send button I get the following error;

Shared attachments are not available for this location. You may not have the permission to access this location, it may not be a trusted site, or it may not be available.

I am looking for the cause and solution to this issue,

Is the url for your sharepoint site?

When you click the create document workspace sharepoint will create a new subsite for that document workspace. If the url you type is not the sharepoint, it cannot create the subsite.

Or check you you have the ability to create subsite.

can you provide details on how exactly to accomplish this task/ thanks in advance/

Do you have Windows Sharepoint services installed? You will need that to create subsites.

Verify that you have permission to create subsites

Verify that the user you are sending the email to is the network and has permission on sharepoint.

Have not have this problem so I am useing my best guess.

One question are you getting the error before the message is sent, or as an email responding back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back