Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing a dial-up connection 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigC666

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2002
MX
i've got to be the dumbist cat walking cause i can't get this %$&*! connection to work. i've got win2k server running one one box and win2k pro on another, the win2kpro box has 2 nic cards. i set up a dial-up on the pro box, which i'm using now, when i tell the dial-up to share it sets up my 2nd nic with 192.168.0.1 but i can't ping it from any where.....lost in the winzone

If you set up ICS, make sure your second PC is set up for DHCP and do a IPCONFIG /RELEASE, /RENEW. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

10.10.1.1 subnet 255.0.0.0 dns 127.0.0.1 do i need to setup ics on the pdc, the nic cards are setup on a winpro workstation.

thanks matt, however i've done all this. i can use /release /renew and see the card config on the ics machine. when i'm on the net i can see the dial-up adaptor listed using /all. i can't ping from any other machine on my lan and i use the ie setup for lan ijust get can't open site. i know the connection is working i'm using it now i just can't get anyother machine on my lan to see the connection. don't know, i'm missing somethin' still lost in the winzone

What do your other machines IPs look like? Are they pulling from the Pro with ICS?

matt
their using auto ip's comming from the win2k server with ad
like 10.0.0.6 and 10.0.0.5

Ohh,
You are trying to run ICS off the pro machine connected to the net and you have a DC running DHCP? If so that's your problem. ICS and DHCP conflict with each other. Better to have your 2 NICs in the server and run RRAS. You can run ICS also, but you'll find RRAS is MUCH better.. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back