Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing a calendar without ECHANGE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannaBgeeksquad

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2006
US
Ive done a little research on this as one of my clients wants to share a calendar with a new employee. how can this be done without exchange?? thats the only way ive done it before. i found a download for outlook thats called coprorate calendar, is it any good, anybody have any experience with it??

also, how do i check exactly where .pst's are mapped to without corrupting it?? there is a calendar share already setup, but i dont want to mess it up by exporting, just wanna see where its actually stored..

thanks,

wannaB

Hi wannaB,

not trying to advertise here, but wouldn't Google Calendar be a suitable alternative?
It's free, and permissions freely adjustable.

Or has anyone made bad experience with it?

I know of business people using it and being happy with it.
Especially since you can access it from anywhere you like.

Cheers,
MiS

[blue]Help us, join us, participate
IAHRA - International Alliance of Human Rights Advocates[/blue]

ya i know i heard it is a great alternative, but the office users are used to having it on their outlook calendar. and we all know how end users like changes.

but thanks for your input makeitso.

I use MAPILAB Groupware which allows you to share outlook calender etc. Works well.
wjwjr

This old world keeps spinning round - It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down

With Outlook 2007 you can do this natively w/o Exchange. It is still not as easy without Exchange and it is more of a subscription hooked with Office Live (hence users must have a .NET Passport). I use it quite successfully. If you do not have Outlook 2007 there are some 3rd party programs specifically for Outlook. One I used a while ago was 'Group Calendar' I believe it was called. Oh, and Exchange isn't enough, btw, they'll need Windows XP Professional - Home doesn't have the capability of running it, I believe in lieu of it being on a Workgroup instead of a Domain (this is what I'm remembering from a few years ago, I may be wrong there..).

HTH

Regards,
Zack Barresse

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. What is a MS MVP? PODA
- Leonardo da Vinci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back