Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Team Services administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

APierce1

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
US
I need to administer my Sharepoint install, but the administration icon created by the installer ( server:8501/fpadmdll.dll) doesn't work (page not found error). Two questions: 1)Can I reinstall SP TS over top of the current install without losing any settings? 2)Is there another way to administer?

My experience is very limited with SP, but I do have a site setup with many, many pdf files stored on it, so I'd rather not have to re-create it.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Alan Pierce
Ithaca, NY

I have a few questions. Are you using project server? There is another admin link to web admin. I have had problems with my admin page before from the start menu. I have found you can url it or even get to it in IIS. I recently had to redo my install. Some one blew up the home page. You can repair and it leaves all existing files. If you have to reinstall. Just copy out your folders with the pdf's in them (at least they will all be toghether this time) Then reupload them. The tricky thing with sharepoint is the webbots. They really cause me a head ach. Also make sure to have the back ups set up. The previous admin didn't do it right and I couldn't restore the site. I've been thru the repair and ultimately the reinstall. I might be able to pass on some of my experiances. Try these links in your browser replacing of course the name of your web server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back