Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Server farm install

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbus

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2006
US
I picked server farm install because i wanted to install sharepoint with SQL 2005. Everything is installed and i am at the config screen in sharepoint central administration. At the "set configuration database server" section i need to choose my server name and database name. I entered.

database server
DC2

SQL Server Database name
main

Database connection type
User windows auth

Active directory account creation
Users already have domain accounts

I hit "ok" to goto next page

And i get this error on next page

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. (Error code: 17).

It is windows 2003 STR, Sharepoint server (not portal)

SQL and sharepoint are on the same server.

Any ideas?
thanks

Hello,

Have you made sure that the account you are running the sharepoint installation under has rights on the SQL to create new databases?

I have seen some information on the net about that WSS v2.0 will work with SQl 2005, but using it in production is not recommended, the next version of WSS v3 will be working with both SQL2005 and SQL2000.

I found this blog which might give you some more information about WSS v2 and SQL 2005
What Servicepack level do you have on WSS? I think you need SP2 for WSS.

Let us know if you get it to work.

Regards,
Thomas

Thanks

I ended up just installing it the default way, and upgrading MSDE to sql 2000

thanks for the help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back