Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint/project web server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

westarhsv

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
I have Project Web server/IIS, SQL 2000 and analysis tools, and Sharepoint all running on one server. My problem is when I log into the project web from the server sharepoint works but when I log into it from another box on the same network it tells me I need to install a sharepoint team services server which I have. Any suggestions? The server and all the services installed on it are not a domain controller and isn't part of a domain or active directory...could this be causing any issues?

Could be I have sharepoint team services with project server all on a 2000 server (active directory domain controller), iis and frontpage 2002 server extension, and msde sql 2000. You do have to watch in which order you installed them. If you install project before sharepoint you'll have problems. I did. Once I reinstalled the recomended way it has been behaving fairly well.

This machine is not part of a domain or active directory. I installed it with instructions from MS and in the order recommended by MS. I am assuming that you use active directory for authenticating users? I use project users at the moment. Is your server outside of a firewall and using a public IP? This server is on the internal of my network with a translation rule on the PIX firewall to a public IP and has a host record in our ISP's public DNS. Can you get to your server from the outside and analyze projects in portfolio analyzer from the internet? Can you send me a copy of the instructions that you used to setup your server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back