Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint photo gallery - querystring to individual image

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinggg

Technical User
May 15, 2004
NZ
Hi

We're using Sharepoint 2007. We're using the photo gallery, however the issue is that when you click through the individual images in the photo gallery the url does not change, this means it's not straight forward to link to an individual image in the gallery.

I need to be able to link to individual images so I guess I need to create a querystring:

The url that doesn't change is:

I want to directly link to this image in the photo gallery:

sunset.jpg

Thanks Can anyone help me with the querystring to be able to do this?

Thanks for your reply.

As a work around I am linking directly to the image however this takes people out of the gallery slideshow so they do not get the option of scrolling through the other images in the slideshow. My preference is to link to the image as it is within the slideshow - can I do this?

Our network is very "locked-down" (and this slideshow is on our intranet) and the Copy shortcut option is disabled. Sorry, anything else I can do?

The slideshow webpart allows you to display the Title and Description under or beside the image. In my example below, I simply placed the image path in the description field (you can place it in the title field). Other than this, I'm not sure how you would expose the url/path.

SharePoint_Show_Image_URL_In_Slideshow.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back