Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint and Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsox14

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hi - I have Sharepoint with SP2 installed on Win 2000 Advanced....the problem is when I setup a user to have co-ordinator priveleges, that user only gets reader priveledges.

I have done pretty much everything I could do to try and fix this:

1) Made sure anonymous wasn't checked (it wasn't and it was never changed from anonymous either)
2) Added both the user and the user's group (it's a Universal Group, Global Groups have issues), made both of them co-ordinators....this was done via Sharepoint Admim and when that failed, through the Security tab on the workspace....
3) Search every possible help site I could think of :) and now I'm here...

Has anyone had this problem or a similar one and if so, any suggestions/thoughts on what is happening?

Thanks!!

did you change the user from being a reader to a co-ordinator? I have found that sometimes you need to re-start the server for security changes to apply. Sorry if this is too simple an answer but it caught me out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back