Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint 2003, need to move docs from sub-area to sub-area easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosaliem

MIS
Dec 9, 2004
US
Hi, we are using SharePoint Portal Services 2003. I had a user request a new "sub topic" within a topic (which I created with a doc-lib), and she has some documents she'd like to move from a doc-lib in one sub-topic to the doc-lib in the new sub-topic.

I have moved files between doc-libs before, using Explorer View in a sub-site. I just realized there is no Explorer View on a portal site! I wound up telling her to "download them to your machine, and them upload them to the place you want. (don't forget to delete from the original area)"

Is there a better way?
Thanks,
Rosalie

Open up the webpage with frontpage or sharepoint designer and copy them over.

Thanks for the answer, but it won't work for us as we have neither of these apps.

It does confirm that we just need to copy it locally and then upload it to the correct area.

Thanks for your help, I was afraid there was some clever thing that we just couldn't discover within Sharepoint (SPS) 2003.

RosalieM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back