Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Printer Problems with W2K Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symark

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
AU
We have 4 W2k pro machines that are all networked. I have installed a printer onto one of the machines and shared it out. i have installed the latest drivers. When i try to print from another pc it wont print and deletes the test page. I have enabled the guest account on all PC's. I have downloaded the drivers off the internet again and reinstalled them though the same problem is still occuring.

On each client machine add new printer and browse to the networked printer.

Install printer on main PC, share the printer and ensure security is setup for evreyone.

Go to Add Printers and go through network find the printer required and install, you may need certain files on CD or Folder on local PC.

Make sure each computer is using the correct port. Go to the printers properties - ports and make sure the shared printer port is checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back