Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared numbervar subreport info showing twice on main report

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmt2207

MIS
Feb 27, 2007
US
I have a sub report that has a formula "WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar SQRFTShare:= Sum ({@Sqr Ft},{EV200_EVENT_MASTER.EV200_EVT_ID})" This works fine.

In the main report I have a formula "WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared numberVar SQRFTShare;
SQRFTShare

This works fine.

My problem is that they are both showing up on the report. I tried to suppress the subreport, but then the main report info changes to 0. Where do I need to place the subreport, on the main report, so that the main report formula show up correctly?

You should always identify your CR version. In higher version, you can suppress all sections within the subreport, format the subreport (format->subreport->subreport tab->) to "suppress blank subreport" and also format the section containing the sub to "suppress blank section". You cannot suppress the subreport object itself or the section it is in, but the above steps do the equivalent.

-LB

It appears to me that you do not need the second formula, as the sub-report should return the value you want. Is the subreport in the details or in a group footer or header?

Try taking out the second formula and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back