Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Folders for Mac 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMadCoder

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2008
I have a couple MAC OSX Users who need access to the server. I'm able to connect to the server, but all I see is the "Microsoft UAM Volume" with the install packages for Appleshare which is no longer supported in OSX.

When I do try to connect to a shared folder eg: "192.168.73.2/sharedfolder" I get the normal login prompt but then I a "Can Not Mount Volume" Error.

How do I configure OSX or the server for access to public folders

I think you want to use the "smb://servername/sharename" syntax when you connect an OSX system to a Windows share. I did it for the first time last week, and it worked fine. You should be able to hit any share and authenticate, assuming that the Mac clients use the server as their DNS... but you could try without that if you aren't doing that already.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

ShackDaddy:

Just an update: THE "SMB://SERVER/SHARENAME" Worked like a charm. I logged in the domain and was able to mount the folder successfully.

THANKS MAN, AND AGAIN... YOU ROCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back