Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Folder On Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslee1975

Technical User
Sep 5, 2008
SG
Hi,

I have ACCPAC ERP Ver 5.4A with programs installed on workstation while data reside on the server. Database is MS SQL 2005 on the same server. Initially, the setup was both program and data on the same server, but due to slow performance, we changed it to the current configuration.

Sage ACCPAC program folder, AFW54, was shared to everyone with full control. Can anyone tell me what is the correct security setting for this directory as I am concern about virus and other type of malicious software that propagate through the network?

For the program folder, you only need read-only access. For the Shared data folder, you need full access.

FWIW, if you are that concerned about malicious software, then you have other problems. Accpac is not a virus vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back