Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Directories 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayE

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
GB
Hello,

I look after a small network of 19 users running on Microsoft SBS 4.5.

I have a shared folder to which I have allowed access to just specified individuals.

However, the user I added to the list a few days ago STILL can't get into a file in the shared directory (everyone else in the "list" can do).

I've tried taking her name out and putting it back in again - to non avail.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Jay

Check the permisions on the file in question. Does the user have the required permissions to gain access?

Hi,

Yes, that's the first thing I checked.

Regards,
Jay

Do you have permissions set up for each individual user or do you have groups set up?

check to see if you have permissions on the share as well as on the files. If that isn't the problem, try to log on as the user yourself at the server, then on a remote workstation and see if you can duplicate the problem.

Bill L'Hotta

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm - rather belatedly - that this was indeed the problem, permissions were set on the folder but not on that particular file - strange!

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Aren't these forums brilliant !!

Regards,
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back