Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Contacts with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnts

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
US
I have a number of users on a LAN that use MS Outlook as their mail client. Is there anyway to share a "Company Contacts" file to be used by all users but written to only by one specific user?

p.s. I'm not familiar with MS Exchange Server but I'd like ot know if it would provide this feature?

Not entirely sure but I know a web based version of Outlook called Outlook Web Server has a shared address book. Have you tried viewing the address book seperately and dragging it across into the shared directory ?

Simon Everitt, Lockwell Lectrics Ltd
I.T. Manager

I've tried doing this before but it's been a while. I believe the problem I run into if attempting to share a common .pst file is that once a user has it opened it cannot be opened by any other users. Therefore, that defeats the purpose and makes it necessary for me to export the file and them import it into EVERY users PC. I need a fix.

I'll look into the software you described and see if it helps. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back