Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared CD-Rom on NT Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPR11

MIS
Oct 14, 1999
US
I am trying to share a cd-rom drive on a server to a small group of Win 95 users. They are not logging into the domain. I can see it from my NT workstation, (I am logged into the domain) but none of my 95 users can see it. What else do I need to do? Thanks for any help!

Err, have them log into the domain?<br>
<br>
Failing that, try sharing the CD to everyone (assuming they can see the server).

Is the workgroup that the win95 machines are in the same name as your NT Domain? <p>mcse1775<br><a href=mailto:mcse1775@aol.com>mcse1775@aol.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

They can see it, you just have to go to entire network and pick the Domain name then they will see it, but in order to actually use it, have them log in to the domain, or at least add them as users.

Everyone group also has to be logged into the domain. In Network Neighborhood, Entire Network will be disabled if you have not logged on.<br>

Are your 95 boxes on the same protocols as the server? Are they logging into the domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back