Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Calendars in Outlook, OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzcruse

MIS
Jul 10, 2003
US
Is there a way to view a shared calendar (shared by user) in OWA? I know I can create a public calendar in the public folder, but user that needs to access the boss' (shared) calendar from outside the office - and uses OWA. In the office, this is no problem with the new share calendar feature in Outlook 2003.

I can create a (psuedo)user in AD and give users share, access and permission on that calendar, but they still cannot access from OWA.

Any and all suggestions are most appreciated.

MzCruse

Thanks, that is a great help. At least you can see the calendar that way.

And doing that, can you put appointments on the calendar without giving mailbox rights in Exchange to the other user.

I have tried both as Publishing Editor and Publishing Author and Owner, but unless authorized in Exchange with mailbox rights, I am not seeing how to add events to the calendar. I am going to work with permissions as well as exchange (mailbox rights) to see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back