Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

share spread sheet with more people

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesguan

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
CA
Hi,

I have an excel file,which used to collect material shortage information, several people from differenct workstation need to enter into this spreadsheet.

I also want other group people, like purchasing, can read this report.

but if one person open this Excel report,even in idle time, other people could only open a read version.

then, I tried to use crystal report to read this report, and hope when other people read from crystal report, at least one person still can enter into the excel file. however, whenever I open the cystal report, other people can only open a read only version.

any idea to share the spreadsheet with other people?

thanks in advance,
Frances

Doubtful.

Excel is nota database program. Why are you using it as such? Why not give people an access database? Or better yet a SQL database, to record their data?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

thanks, Dgillz,
can you give further help on what would be the tool to create a form in SQL databse? I only know how create new table and sp in sql database.

I don't want to create a new form in ERP system for this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back