Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share files

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBechmann

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2006
US
Hey Guys,

I got a file, i want to share with other employes over a sever. But if one user opens the file, no one else has access to it.

But i can have access to the file, if i open it as a host (on my PC), and try to get in over "open remote" with an other username (on my PC, too). But no one outstandning can access. Thats no problem.

I defined "Accounts","names" and the privileg sets. My Network sharing (TCP/IP) ist on, access to file: all users. I think my properties must be ok. I don't know why i could not share the file.

Thanks for reply,

Daniel

to Montanac50

First, thanks for reply, but I don't think i understand your question.

Hey Montanac50,

I'm not sure about "set to Multi User" and I couldn't find out what it is or how to set Multi User. Not in the manual, not in the help.

But if u mean the Network Sharing, its on and allowed to all users. Is that what u mean.

Thanks

Yes, I see you're on FM > 6...

Check the Network access to the file and the privilege set for users for the file.

If you copied the file, sharing has to be set before the copy process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back