Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share Calendar Across Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

skbryan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2003
US
Our company has recently expanded and we now have two domains with different servers. We are running Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2002 on the clients. Is there a way to share a calendar between both companies where everyone can update it and see it? Or do I need to buy some third party software and make it web based? Thanks.

I haven't come across anything as I tried to do that as well. The only thing that I came up with was having the users that needed to share their calendar to save it as a web page and load it on a web server for others to view. This was not successful as users forgot to update their calendars. The other thing that I did was to setup a dummy account on my domain, restrict the user heavily, and then have the other person in the other domain use OWA to login and view others calendar. This was a bit better as my users only had to allow the dummy user the ability to view their calendar and no other configuration was needed on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back