Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

share between two pdas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac13

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
what i would like to do is have a group of, say, 10 files that i would like to be able to share between 2 ipaqs. so, when one user made a change and synced his ipaq, the other user would also get the changes when he syncs his ipaq. is this possible?

thanks for any help...
-mike

I would think that if the shared files resided in a common area (file server, shared drive, etc), that this could work.

The problem I see initially is if both pda's are trying to sync at the same time. Who would get control of the file. Plus if both of you are making changes only the last synced changes will exist.

So if A makes a change and then syncs and B makes a change before syncing then after B syncs only those changes will exist.

Classic data processing problem.

To really make this workable, you would need a piece of software on the desktop that you would sync with that would control the versioning of the files that you want to exchange.

You could handle it manually by talking with the other person but type of control rarely is effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back