Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share a combo box with multiple tab controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietnam97

Programmer
Sep 18, 2000
In my vb app, I have 5 tab controls and I want to share the same combo box with the first 3 tabs only. So when I click on tab 1, 2 or 3 I'll be able to use the combo box. Note that I don't want to see this combo box on tab 4 and 5.

Can someone give me an idea?

Thanks,
Bao

you just draw the combo on the form, not on the tabbed control. now, drag the control on to the tabbed controld. now it will visible to all tabs. In tab click event just make it visible false or true as ur requirement.

If the Tabbed control is a container (I haven't used it), set combobox.container = tabbedcontrol for those tabs where the combo is to "live" at run time. Positioning will be relative to the container. You'll have to do it "on the fly" as the tabs are activated.

Thanks for your suggestion Sanki and John. Acctually I have 1 tabbed control (SSTAB) with 5 tab members. Although your suggestions should do it, but I'm looking at drawinging the combo box on tab 1 of the SSTAB control and then dynamically shared it between tab1 through tab3. Using John's suggestion however I cannot see the combobox when I click on tab2 or tab3.

Bao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back