Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shapes and labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjulio

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
PT
i am making a form and the shapes and label when i save the form and open it again they get all mess up.
does any one now how to solve this

cjulio,

You give nowhere near enough information for anyone to help you!

I assume you mean that you have a form on which you have placed some shape objects and some label objects. Is that correct?

What exactly do you mean by "messed up"?

Stewart

Are the labels supposed to be on top of the shapes?

When designing the form, if you click on a label, is the label object selected or is the shape object selected?

If it's the shape object, this means that the label is behind the shape in the graphical level. Basically you can have lots of objects in front of each other, but unless you add them in the right order you can get the wrong ones on top of each other. To correct this, you use the "Send to back" option.

Try selecting one of the shape objects and on the format menu, click the "Send to Back" option. This will put the shape behind the label. THen run the form and see if that has fixed the problem. If so, do the same with all the other shapes.

Hope that helps,

Stewart
PS If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

the problem is that i am doing "Send to Back" it goes back ook.

now i close the form and open it again an the shaapes are again on top of the label

Oh! Haven't seen that before.

Have you got any code in the form's events such as Init? Is there a call of the zorder method of the form or any of the objects?

Hope that helps,

Stewart
PS If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

So the problem appears to be not in shapes and labels as such, but in not being able to save the form?
Do any other changes get saved?
Or any other types of files on the same drive?

the zorder it is to default

if i change the size of the shapes when i open the form again it puts some labels on top and other on back and the same thing in the case of the shapes (i dont need to run the form 'modi form')

do not open the links direct

copy the links to url and then open

if i change the size of the shapes when i open the form again it puts some labels on top and other on back and the same thing in the case of the shapes
So you mean that the changes in size get saved OK? You probably should look for occurrences of ZOrder calls all over the place.

(i dont need to run the form 'modi form')
What do you mean by that?

after i close the form and save the changes i make modi form to open de form again and it is already diferent...

cjulio,

You have plenty of other controls on your form, besides shapes and labels. If you change anything else, like the size of the grid, or location of a combo box, or a color of whatever, then save, are these changes still there when you reopen the form?

Did you check all code in the form for occurrences of ZOrder method calls?

cjulio,

I see that you have a label (?) saying VFP-Skin 2.0

What is that? Is it a "skin" for a VFP form? Maybe that's interfering in some way?

zOrder - this is a method as well as a property. As Stella says, check all the methods in your form (on the find dialog form, change the scope to "All objects") to see if the method is called anywhere.

Hope that helps,

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back