Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shape Rearranging Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
GB
I am attempting to create a puzzle in flash and im stumped as to how to approach it.

The puzzle involves an irregular shape which the user must slice into two equal halves and then rearrange back together to make a perfect rectangle. (This puzzle is normally done in 'real life' with a bit of card).

Has anyone got any ideas about how i could implement a system where someone could slice up the shape however they want? Perhaps by using some sort of line tool to define the edges of the shape? Of course the puzzle must recognise when the puzzle has been completed correctly.

I realise this may be beyond the boundaries of what flash can do, but i would interested and grateful if anyone has any useful suggestions.

Many Thanks Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

Flash is capable of determining the x, y coordinates of a shape. My suggestion is a condition that determines a range of x,y coordinates that would be considered correct...

Try something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back