Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shape object

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParyGoal

MIS
Jul 22, 2006
US
Hello Everyone.

This is what I am trying to accomplish. I am hoping some one could direct me to an example that uses the same concept.

I have tabbed form built in visual basic form. Each tab contais information regarding a child table (Detail Info). I have a total of 8 tabbs. Thus 8 child tables. In access it was easy representing the data model through subforms, where is subform record is linkes to the parent table through a key.
I heard you could use Shape object to accomplish the same thing in Visual Basic, but the examples I found on microsoft site deal with one parent table and one child table.
Can anyone help me with this please?

I want the user to be able to select a record from a combo box, which represents the parent table, and based on the selection my tabbbed form opens and populate the tabs with the corresponding information. And ultimately edit the child records and that form with add, edit and delete buttons.

Thank you

ParyGoal

Hi
I have developed forms in Vb and Access VBA, but I am not sure what you mean by a key; unless you mean a primary key in a table. However, simulate a lot of what you can do in Access, that is using databound controls. I feel that hte best way to go is to use ADO connection strings and SQL statements. With this you can add,Delete, and edit data with more control and functionality. You can also use DAO if you are more used to that technology. It takes a little to lean how to write embeded SQL statements and connection strings, but you will definantly be able to accomplish all tha tyou are looking to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back