Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uper5aiyan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I can not shadow when using the cmc but can when using the shadow taskbar. This does not make any sense to me. Has anyone else seen this?

Hi,

Have you installed the Pass Thru Citrix client on your server? That may be your issue.

I'd recommend (personally) to use Citrix Server Administration (mfadmin.exe) it's far quicker and easier.

It's not really supported by Citrix anymore but it's the best they've done!!!!

Cheers,
Carl.

From the same server console? If not, just make sure you've installed the ica client on whatever server you're trying to shadow from via the cmc.

Cheers

I should have put more detail in my first response. The server's will shadow from the CMC but only with some users. I can't figure out the common thread between the ones that I can shadow. This has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. I have not made any changes to the servers during this time.

Do you have a Citrix policy set (in the CMC) for those specific users? ...let me make sure I understand what you are asking/saying...

-You are a CTX adin (defined in the CMC);
-you attempt to shadow someone from the CMC and can't??

Do you get any error messages?

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back