Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

htguy

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
OK I got the node edit thing figured out. Now how do I add shadowing to an image??

thanx

One way would be to convert the vector layer containing the vector ovject to a raster layer and then using the selection tool to select individual areas to add shadows or add a shadow to the entire (now raster) object.

mike

I understand that part. What I don't understand is how specifically to create a shadow?

thanx

I see from a previous post that you are using psp7, so choose Effects, 3d effects, drop shadow. If the option is grayed out then your object is probably raster and in a background layer so you will need to select the object and then apply your shadow. If you want to send me an example, I'll write quick how to for you. If you send me an example, make sure in the subject line that you indicate that you are from the tek-tips forum.

mike
mike@udraw2.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back