Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow copies not seen on W2K clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECUJAMES

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
US
I am running the "trial" of Windows server 2003 to evaluate it. After creating a share I setup Shadow copy on the server. I put some files in the share and made some changes to the files creating a copy after each save.
I installed the "client" software to allow me to see the versions on the clients. One on a W2K box and one on an XP box. I can see the different verions on the XP box but not on the W2K boxes. Anybody seen this before?

Thanks

James

You will need to install the client software on the server as well. It may sound odd but it was the only way I could make it work.

Good luck.

I've just experienced this same problem.
The answer is available on microsoft's site here:

For some reason the registry key that this article mentions was not automatically created on the Windows 2003 server.

HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\(REG_DWORD)DisableDownLevelTimewarp=0

I added it in manually and immediately the windows 2000 clients were able to view the previous versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back