Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shading a Column or Highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanNYC

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2003
US
I have created a report that includes several columns with just header information (text labels) for the user to enter data on the day of surgery. Some of the other columns do have data that is pulled from our database.

I know how to do background shading or color on a field from the database. However, any ideas as to how I might better distinguish the columns without any data in them. I have inserted lines for the columns and rows, but the user wants to further distinquish or draw attention to blank columns that they must manually enter data to. I was thinking of some shading or even some way to gray out certain sections. Is there a paint feature? Is there a way I can use a field that I know does not contain data, insert that field and then do a background on that?

I am using Crystal 10.

He

Since you usedlines toemaulate fields, you're limited to formatting entire sections.

Consider using text boxes in the areas where you require color and setting the attributes accordingly.

-k

If I understand your question the answer is yes. You can insert a text box and right click it, select format text, and under the border tab click "background" and designate a background color.

Thanks for the formatting help robbie and synapsevamire. That solves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back