Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SF - Form Field Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no forms that you can modify in the SF module. I don't have access to Shop Floor through PWE but I believe the shop packet is available in a Crystal form which you could modify in Crystal and run it as an ICR using PWE.

Kevin Scheeler

I can design a SF form with no problem.

I just want to be able to expose the Customer Name on form SFORDIN2 but in designer the customer name is not present.

So you are thinming there is no other way but to do this with flex?

Chad
Techtnologies LLC

I misunderstood. I wasn't thinking Designer. If a field isn't visable or shows as something you can "unhide" in Designer then Macola didn't make it available for that screenset. If you don't have flex and the screen shows the customer number, you can add a search box next to the customer number where the user could click and could look up that customer which would then show them the name and other information. Somewhat manual but it wouldn't require flex.

Kevin Scheeler

By "form" Kevin means what you find under system manager, maintain, form maintenance, form designer. This is what Macola calls a form such as an AP check, AR statement, OE pick ticket, etc.

What you are talking about is a screen - commonly referred to as a form by most developers, but again not what Macola calls a form.

You are correct the customer name is not available on this screen. There is nothing you can do to make it available unless you have flexibility. Do you own Flex? If so you should be able to create a vba only field that will display the company name associated with the shop order.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Thanks Guys,

Dave you answered my question. Kevin, I have been using designer and flex for over 6 years now.

So I guess this is not a package I can expose the customer name through Form Field Maintanence.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad
Techtnologies LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back