Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Severe Com/ADO error occurred in MacMSS.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

synecology

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2005
US
Started receiving the following error when running certain reports Macola Progression 7.6.300:

Severe Com/ADO error occurred in MacMSS.dll (ver. 1.0.35.9)
DB Provide Error: Native Error Number: 11
Error Number: 0x80004005
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite [WrapperWrite{}].]General Netork error. check your network documentation.
COM error: Error
Code = 0x80004005
Code Meaning = unspecified Error
Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Descrition = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite [WrapperWrite{}].]General Netork error. check your network documentation.
Op: F6, fhReadRandom
Table or Script: [MPRMAC01].[SCREENS].[SYSPASS_SQL]

Have seen this many times in the past. Very hard to trouble shoot and find. Have always pointed to a network issue and can usually be found be identifying the machine(s) on your network that report the most problems gaining access to the web, email, or other network functions.

Have seen cableing, NICs, and switches all cause this problem.

Do you run an inhouse DNS server? If so verify that there are no errors in its event log. If there are address them.

Check the instance name of SQL server and verify that it returns a 0. I cant remember the command off hand but you can find it on MACOLAs site infomine looking for "move sql server".

If neither of these seem to fix the problem then GOOD LUCK! in finding the bad network hardware.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

Did you resolove the "single user" issue from your previous post first? If not I believe this is where you should start.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Yes I resolved the "single user mode" was related to a maintenance routine trying to fix a minor error and could not and it never switched out of single user mode.

I am looking into your suggestins for the network issue.

What reports are you running and do they normally take a long time? Ensure that the NICS do not have the ability to turn off on the power management section of the properties.

Jonathan Nelson
Business Systems Analyst
Horizon Group, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back