Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Several Phones just keep flashing after hooking them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

baze7

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2006
US
I have several phones that just flash after we hook them up. Any ideas?

Chad

It is a Nortel Norstar MICS so here is the deal, the lines where going into a patch panel, then through a champ connection cable to the phone system. I replaced the patch panel with a champ connector on 1-25 - 1-31. Those phones only blink steady when I hook the through the champ connector. I re-punched 1 of the lines back to the patch panel and it comes up OK. Make sense? Any idea's?

Thanks

With the system off the cables are the cables pair for pair?

curly it is an amphenol (amp (champ?)) cable. not sure of the evolution of the name.

sounds like a conflicting voltage getting to the pair of wires. check the voltage out it should be around 52 to 57 Volts.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I would have to agree with curlycord...wiring issue...if it works fine on the patch panel cut down direct, then you need to verify the pinout of the connector to make sure you aren't mixing pairs...if you split the pairs between 2 extensions neither phone will be usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back