Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Several NAM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerrco

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have several NAM Voice Mails that have been installed about 4 - 5 years and are locking up frequently, causing them to go down. I usually just do a reset by powering off & back on. Occasionally I will do a graceful reboot. This is becoming very frustrating for my clients. I think the NAMs are 4.0 version & are installed on MICS Norstars with 4.1 versions - PRI's on both. One NAM is 10 -port & the other is 8-port.

Any suggestions of what course of action I can take and what is causing these problems?

Also, one of these clients told me that sometimes they receive messages in the afternoon but nothing shows up as
new messages until the next day. I haven't confirmed but several employees are complaining. Any ideas of how to fix?

Sounds like you might have some file corruption or something. Is the NAM running ACD also or just voicemail?

What does the error log show in Feature 915?

Might want to get a local Nortel vendor involved if possible. Might need ITAS to clean up the NAM's files.

4.1 for ksu is not a good release for pri and the 4.0 nam should be at at least 4.0.04e if not 4.1 for various problems

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Right. NAMs at R4.0.04A had problems with channels "going to sleep". The fix for this was to upgrade to at least R4.0.04C, but if this is the case you might as well upgrade to R4.1.

Brian Cox

Better order NTAB3391 before it's gone for good. You will need the install CD for 4.1 and a backpack CD drive.

Or you could just order up a new HD from eBay or the like with the right software on it. As long as you have your sekur keycodes backed up to good floppy, you can get your channels back.

I did not see any error logs under 915 & Admin. Where are they located?

How can I pull off the Software versions of the NAM's?

The NAM I have the most problem with is running an ACD Minuet.

It sounds like your NAM's are frequently running out of resources (memory)(battery is old on the mother board causing the time to slip). Older versions of NAM would run out resources when General Delivery was full and/or has never been checked.

Thanks for the info. For all - The NAM with the ACD I mentioned has an AA answering heavy amt. of incoming calls during the day.

So has anyone hadit reported to them on a NAM that the new messages don't show up until the next day? Would the software level & low resources cause this to happen?

Thanks.

Any feedback is appreciated to following ports settings for NAM I'm having problems with :

Voice Mail - Minimum - 6 , Maximum - 8

ACD - Minimum - 2 , Maximum - 4

Total # ports on NAM - 10

Thanks,

Ron

We have had NAM's with message's showing the next day. We found that like txrattler said, the General Delivery had not been checked, or there was multiple mailboxes with large amounts of saved messages, which like a pc slowed all other functionality.

I agree. Have everyone go into the NAM (at staggered times) and delete all voicemails. Anything they need to keep should be recored on paper or transcribed to Word or the like. Then reboot the NAM after they all do this. Might help clear up the resources you are lacking.

Thanks for the advice on the reboot of the NAM. Is a graceful reboot necessary using Feature 915 & the steps suggested in the NAM Manual or is a simple Turning Power Off/Wait 2 Minutes/Turning Power On Reboot all that I need to do?

Why does every one like to just pull the plug to reboot voice mail???????

I have an 8X24 dr 5.1 with nam 4.0.04c. Two new employees reported getting indications of messages a day or two after a message was left. I believe when they exit their voice mail without using * it corrupts their memory block over time. Deleting their messages did not solve the problem. After deleting and rebuilding their mailboxes and then reinitializing their mailboxes, always using the * to exit, their problem was solved.

In my experience if the NVM is delaying messaging that has always been an indication of a failing hard drive.
If the ACD and NVM are co-resident on the same NAM then this is likely file system corruption caused by paging file thrashing of the hard drive.

Replace the drives with 4.1 drives.

Back up your capabilities files immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back