Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup x750 to allow RDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

37grove

MIS
Jun 29, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm new to watchguard firewall and I been asked to setup a rule that would allow users to connect to a server using RDP.

Can anyone explain how this can be done on v9.0 software.

Thank you,

In Policy Manager, right-click in an open area select Add Policy

In the Add Policy window, expand the Packet Filters, scroll down to find the filter labeled RDP. Select it and choose Add or double-click on it.

In the New Policy Properties window, give your policy a name like In-RDP. Below, on the first tab labeled Policy select the Any-Trusted in the From list and choose Remove. Click Add... Double-click Any-External. Click OK.

Now Select Any-External in the To list and choose Remove. Click Add. Select Add NAT... Choose your External IP Address and type in the internal IP Address of the Terminal Server you are providing access to. Click OK, click OK, click OK again. Your new policy has been added. Now choose File -> To Firebox... type in your Config password.

That should be it. This is all assuming that you are using the default port for RDP traffic. If you're not then this policy will change a bit.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Thanks for your help, the steps you provided work like a charm.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back