Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup web browser to correct time-of-day in an S8700 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy5535

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
We have an S8700 in another office, the version shows up as R012X.00.1.221.1, how do I find the IP address that was assigned to the active server in order to use the Web Interface to correct the time-of-day ?

Try <list node-names>

==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

I've already been there, thanks. There is an IP address for the C-Lan and the procr (processor). I have tried both in IE but I get no response (page not found).

this should be the same adress de maintenance people use to connect with asa to communication manager. just use the settings as they are in asa configured. The only difference is that the web access is via port 80 and the communication manager access is via port 5023(default) or any other port configured on ip-services (SAT)

another option is to connect to the mediaserver through the serviceport. Its on the back of the mediaserver and you always can connect to that with youre laptop and crossover cable. Just add the ip 192.11.13.5, 255.255.255.254(as i think) to your laptop and you can connect to 192.11.13.6 at the S8700.

Let me back up. The time-of-day is 4 minutes fast and when I access the s8700 using ASA on port 5023 I cannot use the set time command. I can only change the daylight savings time option. After I checked into this further we found out that we had to use a web browser and access the s8700 via the active server IP address which does not show up anywhere inside of the ip-services (that I can find).

Also, I have no way to use port 80 when I use my IE.

I should also mention I am trying this remotely, but across our private WAN.

The active server should be the same as the IP address that you are using ASA on. Just try to web browse to it.
EG, put the ip address that is configured in ASA into the address bar of your web browser.

Although you could be using your CLAN board.

exactly. The ip adress of the web interface is the same as the ip adress you connect to with asa at port 5023. Look at possible proxy settings of you web browser.

you can also easily sync the S8700 with a NTP-Server, so you never need to adjust the time again.

Setting up the S8700 for NTP
1. Log in to the S8700 Server via the Web Interface
2. Launch the Maintenance Web Interface
3. from the menu on the left, under “Server”, click on “Server Date/Time”
4. set the time manually for the last time and more importantly, set the correct time zone
5. From the Menu on the left side, under “Server”, click on “Status Summary”
This brings up an overview of both servers. Check with one is the Standby- Server (Mode: standby)
6. Change the Web Session to the Standby- Server. You see on the top of the page which server you are on currently (“This Server”) and you get a link for the other server (“duplicate Server”). Changing the server have you log in again.
7. repeat step 5. to make sure you are now connected to the Standby- Server. Do not perform the change on the active server as this would cause the system to reset.
8. On the menu on the left, under the heading “Server Configuration”, click on “Configure Server”
9. read the warnings, click Continue
10. if you get a message that this server appears to be the active one, go back to step 5.
11. back up your data or click Continue if you have a recent backup already
12. on the “Specify how you want to use this wizard”, select “Configure individual services”, click OK
13. from the menu on the left, select “Configure Time Server”
14. Select “Use these Network Time Servers:” and put in the IP- addresses of your NTP-Servers as primary and secondary servers, leave Trusted Key blank (unless you are using it).
in the middle of the page, select “Multicast Client Support” to YES
On the bottom of the page, select “Do not install a new keys file”
15. click change to save the settings. You should get a message that the changes were applied successfully. Standby- server is done now.
16. From the main menu on the left, under “Server”, click on “interchange server”
17. make sure that “Force interchange regardless of server status” is NOT selected to prevent a system reset.
18. click on interchange
19. give the system a few minutes to complete the interchange, you might need to log in again after the change
20. the formerly active server is now on standby and the formerly standby- server is now active. Repeat steps 1 – 15 to put in the NTP settings on the new standby server. There is no need to interchange servers again after the change, either server is OK to be the active one
21. Log off from the Web Interface

22. Log in to the switch via ASA
23. type in “display daylight-savings-rules”.
Check if a rule is set up for DST for your region, for Europe, it should look like this:
Rule Change Day Month Date Time Increment
0: No Daylight Savings
1: Start: first Sunday on or after April 1 at 02:00 01:00
Stop: first Sunday on or after October 25 at 02:00
If no rule is set up yet, type in “change daylight-savings-rules” and set it up as in the above example
24. type “set time”, check that the daylight saving rule that was set up in the step above is being used. If not, put it in
25. type in “change locations”. Check that for your location (usually, there is only one set up) the same rule is being used and no time- offset is set up. These entries control the display on the phones for each location. The idea behind this is that the PABX itself will have the time from the location it is based in, phones, however, can be installed remotely in a different time zone, the offset and possibly different DST- rules can be set up here. For our EMEA- PABX’es, we only have one location and it uses the same DST rule than the PABX itself
26. Log off / done

We have an S8500, single processor. If I configure it for NTP, will it cause a reboot of the system?

Thanks.

It shouldn't - I have a single-processor unit, and setting up NTP didn't restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back